Enigma mushroom strain
If you are looking for a unique and potent psychedelic mushroom, you might want to try the enigma mushroom. This is not a typical mushroom strain, but a rare and fascinating mutation of the popular Psilocybe cubensis species. In this blog post, we will explore the history, cultivation, consumption, and effects of the enigma mushroom, as well as some safety measures to keep in mind.
What is the Enigma Mushroom strain?
The enigma mushroom strain is a “blob mutation” of the P. cubensis family, likely created by crossing two strains that would never otherwise mate. This so-called “mutation” creates a bizarre mushroom body that is alien compared to other magic mushroom types. Enigma mushrooms often take on a blob-like form and a lumpy, brain matter-type look.
The most distinctive feature of the enigma mutation is that it does not produce spores, which means this is a single-generation variety of shrooms. The blob consumes the mushroom’s spores, causing the fruiting body to become sterile This means the enigma mushrooms are eternally stuck living as a single generation through lab cloning.
Because of the enigma variant’s secrecy, there’s very little information about these enigma magic mushrooms. Still, it is becoming a popular strain thanks to its striking appearance and intense high.
How to Grow Enigma Mushrooms?
Growing enigma mushroom strain is not easy, as they require special techniques and conditions to thrive. Since they do not produce spores, they can only be propagated by cloning from existing blobs. This is a tedious and delicate process that involves cutting small pieces of tissue from the blobs and transferring them to sterile agar plates or liquid culture.
Once the tissue pieces have colonized the agar or liquid medium, they can be transferred to grain jars or bags to further expand the mycelium. After that, the colonized grains can be mixed with a suitable substrate, such as coco coir or manure, and placed in a fruiting chamber with high humidity and fresh air exchange.
The enigma mushrooms take longer to fruit than most other P. cubensis strains, sometimes up to a month or more. They also tend to grow in dense clusters that may need to be separated manually to prevent overcrowding. The blobs can grow quite large and heavy, so they may need some support to avoid falling over.
How to Consume Enigma Mushrooms?
Enigma mushrooms can be consumed in the same ways as any other psychedelic mushrooms. They can be eaten fresh or dried, brewed into tea, mixed with food or drinks, or encapsulated into pills. Some people prefer to grind them into powder and store them in airtight containers for later use.
The dosage of enigma mushrooms depends on several factors, such as the potency of the blobs, the tolerance and body weight of the user, and the desired effects. Generally speaking, enigma mushrooms are above-average in terms of potency, so a lower dose may be sufficient to achieve a strong trip.
According to the Psilocybin Cup, a competition where mushroom growers can submit samples for testing, the average potency for the enigma mushroom was 0.76% psilocybin and 0.07% psilocin — for a total tryptamine concentration of 0.88% (measured in dried weight). So far, the record for the strongest enigma sample contained 1.67% total tryptamines.
Based on these numbers, a rough dosage guide for enigma mushrooms could be:
- Microdose: 0.1 – 0.3 grams
- Low dose: 0.5 – 1 grams
- Moderate dose: 1 – 2 grams
- High dose: 2 – 3 grams
- Heroic dose: 3 – 5 grams
Of course, these are only estimates and should be adjusted according to individual preferences and experiences.
What are the Effects of Enigma Mushrooms?
The effects of enigma mushrooms are essentially the same as for any other P. cubensis strain. That is, some people claim that different strains produce qualitatively different trips, while other people say a cube is a cube, or that the only difference between strains is potency. There is no definitive resolution to that debate.
But few, if any, claims are made that enigma has any kind of distinctive style that marks its trips as unusual. It’s simply a bizarrely-shaped growth-form, a novelty product.
Like other psilocybin trips, a trip with enigma usually involves a combination of altered mood, altered perception, and altered thought-patterns. It’s the altered perception—the hallucinations—that really gets the most attention from non-users, who often speak of psychoactive fungi simply as hallucinogens, as if making people see things were the only thing psilocybin does.
Actually, the alteration of perception is a very dose-dependent effect, so that people taking an extremely low dose might experience altered mood and thought-patters without any hallucination at all.
Some of the possible effects of enigma mushrooms are:
- Enhanced senses, such as vision, hearing, taste, smell, and touch
- Distorted perception of time, space, and reality
- Vivid colors, patterns, shapes, and textures
- Geometric and organic visuals
- Synesthesia, or the mixing of senses
- Euphoria, joy, and laughter
- Emotional openness and empathy
- Spiritual and mystical insights
- Creative and philosophical thoughts
- Increased introspection and self-awareness
- Altered memory and cognition
- Confusion and disorientation
- Anxiety, paranoia, and fear
- Nausea, vomiting, and stomach discomfort
The duration of the trip depends on the dose, the method of consumption, and the individual metabolism of the user. Typically, the effects start to kick in within 20 to 40 minutes after ingestion and peak around 2 to 3 hours later. The comedown phase can last another 2 to 4 hours, until the user returns to baseline.
How to Stay Safe with Enigma Mushrooms?
As with any psychedelic substance DMT, LSD, MDMA etc, enigma mushrooms should be used with caution and respect. They can induce powerful and unpredictable experiences that may not be suitable for everyone. Some of the risks and challenges associated with enigma mushrooms are:
- Legal issues: Psilocybin is illegal in most countries and regions, and possession or use of enigma mushrooms could result in criminal charges or penalties. Users should be aware of the legal status of psilocybin in their area and act accordingly.
- Health issues: Enigma mushrooms are generally considered safe and non-toxic, but they can interact with some medications or medical conditions. Users should consult their doctor before taking enigma mushrooms if they have any health concerns or are taking any prescription drugs.
- Psychological issues: Enigma mushrooms can trigger or worsen mental health problems, such as anxiety, depression, psychosis, or schizophrenia. Users should avoid enigma mushrooms if they have a personal or family history of these disorders or are currently undergoing psychiatric treatment.
- Bad trips: Enigma mushrooms can cause unpleasant or frightening experiences that may be difficult to cope with. Users should prepare themselves mentally and emotionally for the possibility of a bad trip and have a trusted friend or a professional guide to help them if needed.
To minimize the risks and maximize the benefits of enigma mushrooms, users should follow some basic safety guidelines:
- Set and setting: Users should choose a comfortable and familiar environment where they feel safe and relaxed. They should also have a positive mindset and a clear intention for their trip.
- Dosage: Users should start with a low dose and gradually increase it until they find their optimal level. They should also wait at least two weeks between trips to avoid tolerance and negative effects.
- Testing: Users should test their enigma mushrooms for potency and purity before consumption. They can use a scale to measure the weight of their dose and a reagent kit to check for contaminants or adulterants.
- Harm reduction: Users should take care of their physical and mental health before, during, and after the trip. They should stay hydrated, eat light meals, avoid alcohol and other drugs, have some music or activities ready, and rest well afterwards.
FAQs about Enigma Mushrooms
Here are some frequently asked questions about enigma mushrooms:
Q: Are enigma mushrooms natural?
A: Enigma mushrooms are not natural in the sense that they do not occur in nature. They are the result of human intervention and manipulation of the P. cubensis genetics. However, they are still organic and derived from natural sources.
Q: Are enigma mushrooms stronger than other P. cubensis strains?
A: Enigma mushrooms are generally stronger than average P. cubensis strains, but not necessarily stronger than all of them. There is a lot of variation in potency among different strains and even among different batches of the same strain.
Q: How long do enigma mushrooms last?
A: Enigma mushrooms last for about 4 to 8 hours depending on the dose and the individual user. The peak effects usually occur around 2 to 3 hours after ingestion.
Q: How do I know if I have enigma mushrooms?
A: Enigma mushrooms are easy to recognize by their blob-like appearance and lack of spores. They also tend to have a bluish hue due to the high concentration of psilocin.
Q: Can I mix enigma mushrooms with other substances?
A: Mixing enigma mushrooms with other substances is not advisable.