Tidal Wave Mushroom: A Potent and Unpredictable Psilocybe Cubensis Strain
SEO meta description
Tidal Wave mushroom is a hybrid of Penis Envy and B+ strains that produces large fruits with wavy caps and high psilocybin content. Learn more about this rare and fascinating variety of magic mushrooms.
Magic mushrooms are fungi that contain psilocybin, a psychoactive compound that induces altered states of consciousness, such as euphoria, hallucinations, and spiritual insights. There are hundreds of species of magic mushrooms, but one of the most common and widely cultivated is Psilocybe cubensis. This species is known for its adaptability, diversity, and potency, and has many different strains that vary in appearance, growth, and effects.
One of the most intriguing and sought-after strains of Psilocybe cubensis is Tidal Wave mushroom, a hybrid of Penis Envy and B+ strains that was created by Doma Nunzio, a mycologist and founder of Magic Myco, a spore and testing company. Tidal Wave mushroom is famous for its extremely aggressive mycelial growth, large fruits with thick, dense stems and distinctive wavy caps, and above-average psilocybin content. In fact, one sample of Tidal Wave mushroom submitted by Magic Myco to the Hyphae Cup (formerly known as the Psilocybin Cup) in 2021 contained a whopping 3.82% total tryptamines, making it the strongest strain of Psilocybe cubensis ever recorded.
However, Tidal Wave mushroom is also notorious for its unstable genetics and unpredictable mutations, which can result in different phenotypes and potencies within the same batch. Some of these mutations include the sporeless “blob” or “brain-shaped” Enigma mutation, which won the 2021 Hyphae Cup, and the Albino mutation, which has a white or cream color and a higher psilocybin content than the normal Tidal Wave mushroom.
In this article, we will explore the history, characteristics, cultivation, effects, and dosage of Tidal Wave mushroom, as well as some frequently asked questions and tips for a safe and enjoyable experience.
History of Tidal Wave Mushroom
Tidal Wave mushroom is a relatively new strain of Psilocybe cubensis that was created by Doma Nunzio in 2017. Doma is a mycologist and founder of Magic Myco, a spore and testing company that specializes in rare and exotic mushroom varieties. Doma has been involved in the psychedelic community for over 20 years and has a passion for creating new and potent strains of magic mushrooms.
Doma created Tidal Wave mushroom by crossing two of the most popular and potent strains of Psilocybe cubensis: Penis Envy and B+. Penis Envy is a strain that was allegedly developed by the legendary psychedelic advocate and ethnobotanist Terence McKenna, and is known for its high psilocybin content, thick and bulbous stems, and small and misshapen caps. B+ is a strain that was introduced by the famous mushroom cultivator and author Ralph Sterner, and is known for its fast and easy growth, large and golden caps, and positive and uplifting effects.
Doma wanted to combine the best traits of both strains and create a hybrid that would have a high potency, a fast and aggressive growth, and a large and attractive appearance. He also wanted to add some variability and unpredictability to the mix, as he believes that “nature is not perfect, and neither are mushrooms”. He achieved this by using a technique called monokaryotic isolation, which involves isolating the single-nucleus cells (monokaryons) of two different strains and fusing them together to create a new strain with a mix of genetic traits. This technique is not easy and requires a lot of trial and error, as not all monokaryons are compatible and some may produce undesirable results.
Doma succeeded in creating Tidal Wave mushroom after several attempts and was amazed by the results. He described the strain as “our first hybrid fusion project” and “a true masterpiece of nature”. He also named the strain Tidal Wave because of the wavy edges of the caps and the powerful effects of the mushrooms.
Since then, Tidal Wave mushroom has gained a lot of popularity and curiosity among mushroom enthusiasts and psychonauts, who are eager to try this rare and fascinating variety of magic mushrooms. Doma has also continued to experiment with Tidal Wave mushroom and has created several sub-varieties, such as Tidal Wave 2, Tidal Wave 3 Beast, and Tidal Wave BXO, which have different characteristics and potencies.
Characteristics of Tidal Wave Mushroom
Tidal Wave mushroom is a strain of Psilocybe cubensis that has a mix of genetic traits from Penis Envy and B+ strains. However, due to its unstable genetics and unpredictable mutations, Tidal Wave mushroom can have a lot of variation in appearance, growth, and potency, even within the same batch. Therefore, it is difficult to give a definitive description of Tidal Wave mushroom, as it may differ from one specimen to another. However, here are some general characteristics that can help identify Tidal Wave mushroom:
- Stem: Tidal Wave mushroom has a thick and dense stem that can range from beige to yellow in color. The stem can be straight or twisted, and sometimes has a larger base or a bulbous shape. The stem bruises blue or greenish-blue when damaged, indicating the presence of psilocin, the active metabolite of psilocybin.
- Cap: Tidal Wave mushroom has a small to medium-sized cap that can range from brown to golden in color. The cap can be convex or plane, and sometimes has a central depression or a nipple-like protrusion. The cap has a wavy or undulating edge, which gives the strain its name. The cap also bruises blue when damaged, and drops dark, purplish-brown spores that are sub-ellipsoid in shape.
- Gills: Tidal Wave mushroom has gills that are attached to the stem and are crowded and narrow. The gills are pale when young and become dark brown or black when mature. The gills may also have a purple or blue hue, especially near the edge of the cap.
- Veil: Tidal Wave mushroom has a partial veil that covers the gills when young and breaks as the cap expands. The veil is thin and white, and sometimes leaves remnants on the stem or the cap. The veil may also have a blue or purple tint, especially near the edge of the cap.
- Flesh: Tidal Wave mushroom has a white or cream-colored flesh that is thick and firm. The flesh bruises blue or greenish-blue when cut or bruised, indicating the presence of psilocin. The flesh has a mild or slightly sour smell and taste.
Some of the common mutations of Tidal Wave mushroom include:
- Enigma: This is the most famous and potent mutation of Tidal Wave mushroom, which won the 2021 Hyphae Cup with a record-breaking 3.82% total tryptamines. This mutation produces sporeless mushrooms that have a blob-like or brain-shaped appearance, with no distinct stem or cap. The mushrooms are white or cream-colored, and have a smooth and gelatinous texture. The mushrooms are very rare and unpredictable, and may appear in small or large clusters, or not at all.
- Albino: This is another potent mutation of Tidal Wave mushroom, which has a higher psilocybin content than the normal Tidal Wave mushroom. This mutation produces mushrooms that have a white or cream color, and sometimes have a pink or yellow hue. The mushrooms have a normal stem and cap, but the cap may be smaller and more convex than usual. The mushrooms also have a thin and translucent veil, and may drop white or very light-colored spores.
Effects of Tidal Wave mushroom
Tidal Wave mushroom is a psychedelic mushroom that induces altered states of consciousness, such as euphoria, hallucinations, and spiritual insights. The effects of Tidal Wave mushroom can vary depending on the dose, set, and setting, as well as the individual’s physiology, personality, and expectations. However, some of the common effects of Tidal Wave mushroom are:
- Physical effects: Tidal Wave mushroom can cause physical effects such as pupil dilation, increased heart rate and blood pressure, nausea, stomach discomfort, sweating, chills, tremors, muscle relaxation, and fatigue.
- Cognitive effects: Tidal Wave mushroom can cause cognitive effects such as enhanced creativity, imagination, and introspection, altered perception of time and space, synesthesia, confusion, disorientation, and loss of ego or sense of self.
- Emotional effects: Tidal Wave mushroom can cause emotional effects such as euphoria, joy, wonder, gratitude, empathy, love, and peace, as well as anxiety, fear, paranoia, panic, and sadness.
- Visual effects: Tidal Wave mushroom can cause visual effects such as enhanced colors, patterns, textures, and shapes, geometric and organic forms, distortions, illusions, and hallucinations.
How to Consume tidal wave mushroom
There is no definitive answer to the best way to consume Tidal Wave mushroom, as different methods may have different advantages and disadvantages, depending on the user’s preference, experience, and situation. However, here are some of the most common and popular ways to consume Tidal Wave mushroom:
- Eating: The simplest and most direct way to consume Tidal Wave mushroom is to eat them fresh or dried, either by themselves or with some food or drink to mask the taste. Eating Tidal Wave mushroom can produce a long-lasting and intense psychedelic experience, but it can also cause nausea, stomach discomfort, and vomiting, especially if the mushrooms are not fresh or clean. Moreover, eating Tidal Wave mushroom can reduce their potency, as some of the psilocybin may be destroyed by the stomach acid and enzymes.
- Tea: Another common way to consume Tidal Wave mushroom is to make a tea or infusion by boiling or steeping the mushrooms in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes, and then straining and drinking the liquid. Making a tea can reduce the nausea and stomach discomfort caused by eating the mushrooms, as well as enhance the potency and onset of the effects, as the psilocybin is extracted and absorbed faster by the body. However, making a tea can also reduce the duration of the effects, as the psilocybin is metabolized quicker by the liver and kidneys.
- Lemon tek: A more potent and fast-acting way to consume Tidal Wave mushroom is to use the lemon tek method, which involves soaking the mushrooms in lemon juice or another acidic liquid for 15 to 20 minutes, and then drinking the mixture. The lemon tek method can increase the potency and onset of the effects, as the acidic liquid converts some of the psilocybin into psilocin, the active metabolite of psilocybin, which can cross the blood-brain barrier more easily. However, the lemon tek method can also increase the intensity and unpredictability of the effects, as well as reduce the duration of the effects, which may not be suitable for everyone.
- Capsules: A more discreet and convenient way to consume Tidal Wave mushroom is to use capsules, which are gelatin or vegetable capsules that contain ground or powdered mushrooms. Capsules can allow the user to measure and control the dosage more accurately, as well as avoid the taste and texture of the mushrooms. Capsules can also be taken with other supplements or substances, such as ginger, turmeric, or niacin, to enhance the effects or reduce the side effects of the mushrooms. However, capsules can also delay the onset and reduce the potency of the effects, as the capsules have to dissolve and the mushrooms have to digest before the psilocybin can be absorbed by the body.
These are some of the best ways to consume Tidal Wave mushroom, but they are not the only ones. There are other methods, such as chocolate, honey, edibles, tinctures, extracts, and microdosing, that can also be used to consume Tidal Wave mushroom, depending on the user’s preference, experience, and situation. However, regardless of the method, it is always important to use Tidal Wave mushroom responsibly and safely, by following the best practices for a safe and enjoyable psychedelic experience.
Cultivation of Tidal Wave Mushroom
Tidal Wave mushroom is a strain of Psilocybe cubensis that can be cultivated using the same methods and techniques as other strains of this species. However, Tidal Wave mushroom is not a beginner-friendly strain, as it requires more skill and patience to grow successfully. This is because Tidal Wave mushroom has unstable genetics and unpredictable mutations, which can affect the growth, yield, and potency of the mushrooms. Therefore, Tidal Wave mushroom is more suitable for experienced or adventurous growers who are willing to experiment and accept the risks and rewards of this strain.
The basic steps for cultivating Tidal Wave mushroom are as follows:
- Spores: The first step is to obtain the spores of Tidal Wave mushroom, which can be purchased from reputable spore sellers, such as Magic Myco, Spores Lab, PNW Spore, or Mushroom Genie. The spores are usually sold in the form of spore syringes, which contain sterile water and spores, or spore prints, which are dried spores on a piece of paper or foil.